Autumn Hill Academy was founded in 1996 by educator Katherine Pasternak. It is a co-educational, non-denominational school, governed by the Ontario Ministry of Education. Since its inauguration at the original Richmond Hill Campus, Autumn Hill has been an established, innovative program that combines both the Montessori Method of education and the Reggio Emilia Project Approach. We have been proudly serving the community of York Region for over 25 years.
Autumn Hill Academy is a unique environment where students engage in intellectual and artistic learning experiences that “Promote thinking and excite the imagination”. Our vision is to facilitate student’s social, intellectual, emotional, physical, and creative development through ‘hands on’ and ‘minds on’ learning experiences. Our advanced, enriched curriculum (one to two years ahead of the Ontario curriculum) integrates a well-balanced arts and academic program.
Hours of Operation
Autumn Hill opens at 7:30 a.m. and closes at 6:00 p.m.
Teaching hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The following programs are available:
- Toddler (Ages 18 mos. – 30 mos.) – 5 day, 3 day and 2 day programs available
- Preschool (Ages 2.7 yrs. – 3.8 yrs.)- 5 day, 3 day and 2 day programs available
- Junior Kindergarten (Ages. 3.8 yrs. – 4.8 yrs.) – 5 day only
- Senior Kindergarten (Ages. 4.8 yrs. – 5.8 yrs.) – 5 day only
- Grade 1 – 4 (Ages 6 yrs. – 10 yrs.) – 5 day only
Services provided at no extra cost
- Two snacks and one hot nutritious lunch, cooked on premise, for all students
- Before School (7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.) and After School (4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- French and Music for all Preschool to Grade Four Students
- Judo classes for all Kindergarten to Grade Four Students